New footage of Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) allegedly shooting and killing two Palestinian teenagers during a Nakba Day protest indicates that the two were not in direct confrontation with Israeli soldiers.
The first victim, Nadeem Siam Nawara, 17, is seen to be walking past the shop when he hits the floor after a shot to the chest, the second, Mohammad Mahmoud Odeh, 16, is walking in the opposite direction past the shop when he is shot in the back. On both occasions Palestinians run to their aid.
The video cannot be verified independently.
According to Israeli publication Haaretz, a medical report from Dr Salim Saliba, head of Ramallah Hospital's trauma department, claimed that the two teenagers were shot by live bullets and not rubber bullets as had been previously reported.
The video, obtained by Defense for Children International Palestine (DCI), was taken from a Palestinian-owned shop near the G4S-equipped Ofer Military Prison where Israel has been accused of detaining children.
"The images captured on video show unlawful killings where neither child presented a direct and immediate threat to life at the time of their shooting," said Rifat Kassis, executive director of DCI-Palestine.
"Israeli authorities must conduct serious, impartial, and thorough investigations to hold the perpetrators accountable for their crimes," he added.
An IDF statement said that live fire was not used and claimed that the video in question was edited to reflect negatively on the IDF.
"Last Thursday, a violent and illegal disturbance took place in Beitunia. The video in question was edited in a biased way and does not reflect the violence in the disturbance," the IDF statement read.
"An initial investigation with the forces operating in the area of disturbance did not use live fire. Nevertheless, the military prosecutor has ordered a limited internal investigation into the matter."