Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 is among the few smartphones which have not received any official support for either Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) or Jelly Bean firmware upgrades for a long time. Thanks to the industrious efforts of XDA recognised developer ImbaWind, the Galaxy Ace smartphone finally gets a stable yet faster custom ROM Jelly Bean update with XWKT7 based Adrenaline ROM.
The ROM is reportedly built on ETX 4 based file system and rated to deliver nearly two times faster performance than other custom ROM firmware.
Key Points to Note
- The XWKT7 based Andrenaline ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Ace S5830 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important personal data and settings to prevent loss of data while installing the XWKT7 Adrenaline ROM based Jelly Bean update.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > development and check the USB debugging option. This feature enables you to connect your Android smartphone with the computer.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown while flashing the XWKT7 Adrenaline ROM or installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Verify that all antivirus and security suites are disabled or uninstalled on your phone to avoid unwanted system interruption during firmware updates.
- Double-check to confirm if your Galaxy Ace phone is actually rooted or not by using the Root Checker app, which is available for download from the Google PLAY Store.
- In case you are installing this ROM over another custom ROM update, then you should perform Wipe data /factory reset and Wipe Cache partition functions to ensure that the device cache is empty and also prevent any conflicts with the new firmware's system files.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the XWKT7 Adrenaline ROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with XWKT7 Adrenaline ROM
- DownloadXWKT7 Adrenaline ROM based Jelly Bean Firmware from here to your computer. After the download completes, connect your phone to the computer and copy the ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
- After copying the ROM file, disconnect the phone from the computer and download the ROM Manager app from Google PLAY Store to flash the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery image.
- Once CWM recovery is flashed, choose Reboot into Recovery Mode in the ROM Manager app. Now, boot the phone into recovery mode using a button sequence. Press and hold the Menu Button and then tap the Power button to turn on the device. In case the device accidentally boots into normal mode, you need to repeat the above steps to enter recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, choose install zip from sd card and click choose zip from sd card. Then, browse and select the XWKT7 Adrenaline based Custom ROM Firmware which you copied to the phone in step 1.
- Double-tap on the ROM zip file that you selected to begin installation. The ROM installation is time-consuming and it will take about 5 to 6 minutes to complete after applying the update. So, leave it alone.
Tip: If your Galaxy ACE fails to boot up or gets stuck in the boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and then retry the process of firmware update by repeating the above steps.
XWKT7 Adrenaline ROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Ace S5830.
[Source: Android Advices]