Galaxy Ace S5830 users can now enjoy the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features, thanks to the leaked CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM released for the handset.
In related news, Mohd Shakirin (a YouTube user) recently demonstrated a Galaxy Ace S5830 running the latest Android 4.3 update via leaked custom firmware. The demo video clearly reveals the changes ported into the new Jelly Bean firmware such as new boot animation with the Google logo, orange background of the Phase Beam live wallpaper, five lock screen shortcuts and Android 4.3 based icons.
The Galaxy Ace running on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean reportedly suffers minimal lag with a very responsive touch feedback. The leaked firmware with baseband version S5830DXKT4 is powered by Android 4.3 based CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM with build date of Saturday, 22 June.
The advanced Jelly Bean features ported into the leaked Android 4.3custom ROM for Galaxy Ace are given below:
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support
- Improved keyboard and input
- New Focal camera app
- Security and stability improvements
IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any device damage during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The leaked Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and instructions provided are meant for Galaxy Ace S5830 model only. Do not attempt installing this ROM on any other device, as it may inadvertently brick or damage your device. Verify the device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone via recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as the procedure in this guide involves Data Wiping task.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone via Settings > Applications > Development or Settings > Developer Options; if the phone is running on Android 4.2 do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number
- Tap the Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options and then enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during ROM installation.
- Double-check that the device is rooted and ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed. Download and install Root Checker app to verify if the phone is rooted and working correctly.
- Download the leaked Android 4.3 CM10.2 ROM and Google apps package on your computer.
How to Install Android 4.3 on Galaxy Ace S5830 via Leaked CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM
Step-1: Connect the phone to computer via USB cable. Without extracting, copy the downloaded firmware zip file to the root folder on phone's SD card.
Step-2: Disconnect the phone from computer and then Power it off.
Step-3: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. Release all three buttons when the recovery mode screen appears.
Note: In recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate between options and Power button to select the desired option.
Step-4: In recovery mode first perform a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM which can be restored later if the new ROM does not work or users want to return to the previous firmware. To perform a Nandroid backup, select Backup and Restore then select Backup again on the next screen. When backup is completed return to the main recovery menu.
Step-5: Perform data wiping task to eliminate clash between the new and previous ROM. Select wipe data/factory reset then click Yes on the next screen to confirm the action. Now select wipe cache partition and after the wiping process completes select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option. Once all the wiping process is done, return to the recovery menu.
Step-6: Select Install Zip from SD card then select Choose Zip from SD card. Now locate the Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM zip which was copied earlier to the phone's SD card and press the Power button to select it. Finally, confirm the ROM installation on next screen.
Step-7: Once the installation process completes, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by choosing reboot system now. The first boot will take some time.
The Galaxy Ace S5830 should now be running on latest Android 4.3 based CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM. Navigate to Settings >> About Phone >> Software info to verify the new firmware installed on the device.
Note: To return to the previous ROM, boot the device into recovery mode. Then select Backup and Restore and restore the ROM by selecting it from the list.
[Source: XDA Developers]