We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Followed by the success of AOKP Build 1, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) team has now come up with the latest version of the Jelly Bean custom ROM, AOKP Build 2. The Jelly Bean custom ROM has been released for multiple Android powered devices including the Galaxy Nexus with model number I9250. It brings Android 4.2.1 software update and bundles several new features.
Features of the AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean custom ROM
General user interface
a) Boot animation picker enhancement
b) Colourable clock views/widgets
a) Options to hide initial page hints
b) Start lockscreen with minimised challenge
c) Long press on minimised challenge to unlock
d) Carousel animation
a) Colourable Navbar background
b) Recent menu open with lightning speeds
a) Alternative signal layout (GB-style)
b) New toggle: Sound state (ring/vib/silent)
c) Mobile technology indicator reflects internet connection status
Call statistic- Phone app/ local menu
To know more about the bug issues, head over to the source page
Galaxy Nexus users who wish to update their devices with Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean custom ROM, may follow the tutorial below. IBTImes UK reminds its readers that it will not be responsible for any damage to the device. Before installing the Jelly Bean ROM users are advised to ensure that their phones meet below mentioned requirements.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Galaxy Nexus on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode.
3) Create back-up for all the important data of the phone.
4) The battery of the Galaxy Nexus should carry charge more than 80 per cent.
5) Ensure the phone is rooted and that the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed.
6) The AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean custom ROM is compatible only with Galaxy Nexus with model number I9250, therefore, users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before proceeding.
Steps to install Android 4.2.1 Build 2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
1) Download Android 4.2.1 AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Nexus on the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Nexus to the computer using USB cable and copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your device
4) Switch off the phone and enter in the Bootloader Mode. To do so, turn on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
5) Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select Bootloader and then enter to Recovery
6) In CWM recovery, first perform data wiping task. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it. Again press the Power button to select 'Choose zip from SD card'
7) Using the Volume buttons browse to the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM and select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation process should start now
8) Once the ROM is installed, repeat same procedure to flash the Google Apps package
9) Once the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now' in order to reboot the phone. The device will take about five minutes to reboot for the first time
The Galaxy Nexus I9250 should be now updated with Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 2 Jelly Bean ROM. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Team Android]