We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Recently, the Galaxy Nexus I9250 has received a spate of custom ROM Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean updates, thanks to industrious Android developers. Some of the notable custom Jelly Bean ROMs include: ParanoidAndroid, Rasbeanjelly and KALO. The premium Galaxy smartphone also received the official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OTA update (with JOP40D firmware) in November, along with a flurry of other Nexus devices - Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.
The JPO40D Xylon custom ROM is the latest to join the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean party for the Galaxy Nexus I9250. The ROM reportedly brings a plethora of custom Jelly Bean features in a fast, stable and neat package to deliver a pure Android experience to the user.
Key Points to Note
- JPO40D Xylon ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the international variant - Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only. It will not work on any other device or model. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Nexus I9250 on the computer (download USB drivers)
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while flashing the JPO40D Xylon ROM on the Nexus I9250.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on your phone
- Verify that your phone has at least 85 percent battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the JPO40D Xylon ROM on the Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it. Also, make sure that your phone's bootloader is unlocked before proceeding with the ROM installation steps.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 with JPO40D Xylon Custom ROM
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Nexus USB mass storage on your computer with original USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy and paste the Xylon ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Then power off your phone and boot into Bootloader mode.
Step 5 - Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device enters Bootloader mode
Step 6 - Follow the navigational instructions on screen. Now, select Bootloader and progress into Recovery.
Step 7 - In ClockworkMod recovery (CWM), wipe data first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to select it.
Step 8 - Tap the Power button again and click Choose zip from sdcard.
Step 9 - Use volume keys to navigate to Xylon ROM zip file and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 10 - Once Google Apps is installed, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by tapping Reboot System Now in the Recovery Menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Android 4.2.1 JPO40D Xylon custom Jelly Bean ROM is now installed on your Galaxy Nexus I9250. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]