Earlier this month, Samsung's first generation Galaxy Note (Model number: GT-N7000) received the SlimBean Build 1. Now the SlimROMs team has released the official version of Build 2 for the device. The SlimBean Build 2 features Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and brings a host of unique customised features including The Real Dark Slim (TRDS). Additionally, the new custom-build fixes all the bug issues found in the previous release.
SlimBean Build 2 features
TheRealDarkSlim Toggle (Initial)
Shiny new SlimSizer
Renamed SlimOTA to SlimCenter
SlimFilemanager added to root functionality
Extended QuickSettings style options
New Notification/Lockscreen Shortcut icons
Configurable QS long press
Update DashClock to latest versions
Configurable Notification behavior
NFC Polling Mode (AOKP)
LckscreenPattern: Toggle dots/error pattern visibility (From CM)
Added Power/Camera to Lockscreen long press button actions
Add USB Tether tile
Add LTE tile
Advanced low battery indicator options
Return to call log after call
Mark dismissed call as missed
Automatic keyboard rotation feature
Full screen toggle added to browser menu
Add signature to Messaging
Customised charging battery colour
Added more scenes and focus modes to camera
Added exposure and jpeg quality to video came
Device specific features
I9100G: Fast charge support
N7100: S-Pen power saving mode
OneX: new features
Mako: Updated prebuilt kernel
Manta: Updated binaries
Tuna: Updated binaries
NavBar back/menu firing after long press actions
NavBar 'kill app' action killing system apps and crashing system
A2DP streaming sound quality fixes
HighEndFX properly hidden on devices with native support
HTML5 audio playback
BT tethering label
D2: Long press timing issue causing short press to act as long
D2: Fix routing for BT voice dial feature
I9100: Low headphones sound issue fixed
I9100: Fixed pinch to zoom camera
Toro plus: Fixed GPS
Browse to the development page to know more about new apps and known issues related to the ROM.
Galaxy Note users, who are looking to upgrade their devices with Android 4.2.2 using the SlimBean Build 2, may follow our step-by-step guide below. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices since this Jelly Bean ROM works with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000; installing this on incorrect variant is likely to brick the device.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap to the device, therefore, proceed at your own risk.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note to connect the Android device to the computer.
2) Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled on the phone, which will allow to connect the device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The Galaxy Note should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
4) Perform a Nandroid backup.
5) Create backup of all the data of the phone.
6) Verify that the device should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
7) The phone should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note N7000 on the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable then transfer the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device
4) Unplug the USB cable from the phone and the switch it off
5) Enter into Recovery Mode by turning the device on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery Mode, first perform a full data wiping task. Then navigate to 'flash zip from SD card,' press the Power button to select it
7) Select 'choose zip from SD card' using the Power button. Now navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file using the Volume keys. Select it pressing the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation process should start now
8) Once the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure to install Google Apps file
9) After the installation process is completed, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the phone by selecting 'reboot system now' from the main recovery menu. Wait for some time until the device boots up successfully
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be now updated and running on the customised SlimBean Build 2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.