Recently, many Samsung Galaxy devices have received the latest custom ROM Jelly Bean update - Android 4.1.2. The Galaxy S Plus is the newest entrant to join the Jelly Bean party, thank to XDA senior developer and member, Doomsday94.
The DoomNEXUS ROM is still under development, and so may harbour a few untested bugs and broken features such as the camera app, which is currently disabled. Some future updates could fix camera functionality.
Key Points to Note
- The DoomNEXUS ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible only with the Galaxy S Plus I9001 model and will not work on any other model. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted and ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
- Back up your apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while performing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on your Galaxy S Plus I9001
- Verify that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the DoomNEXUS ROM or installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Upgrade Galaxy S Plus I9001 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with DoomNEXUS ROM
Step 2: Copy both the .zip files to the root folder of your phone's SD card.
Step 3: Power off the device and boot into recovery mode using a button sequence.
Step 4: To do so, press and hold down the volume down and power buttons until the device powers on and boots into recovery mode. (Note: If you're using ClockworkMod (CWM) mode, use volume keys to navigate and power button to select).
Step 5: In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. So that, if something goes wrong with the new ROM then you could easily revert back to your original ROM. To create backup using CWM recovery, choose Backup and Restore, and then hit Backup again.
Step 6: Perform full data wipe in CWM recovery first and then tap wipe data/factory reset.
Step 7: Return to main menu by tapping Go Back.
Step 8: In recovery, choose Install Zip from SD Card and click Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse and locate the downloaded ROM .zip file that you copied to your phone in step 2. Select the file using power button and double-tap on it to begin the ROM installation. Confirm the installation on the next screen.
Step 9: After the ROM is installed successfully, repeat the previous step again to install Google apps.
Step 10: Once Gapps is installed, hit Go Back and select Reboot System Now to reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.
DoomNEXUS ROM based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S Plus I9001. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Egis]