The international variant of Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) has just received the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update with stock build I9500ZSUDNB3 as part of regular maintenance and bug-fix update from Samsung.
Though this is officially the first Over-The-Air (OTA) update for Taiwan region, it can be installed on any unlocked international variant of Galaxy S4 regardless of the country or region as it is an unbranded firmware.
Galaxy S4 I9500 users may also install this update manually via Samsung KIES. However, those who missed the Over-The-Air (OTA) update notification or cannot access the update over Samsung KIES for some reason can follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually, using this guide.
I9500ZSUDNB3 And4roid 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware Details
Model name: GALAXY S4
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:49:11 +0000
Product Code: BRI
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on the computer.
2. USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up your important data to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
5. Verify Galaxy S4 has at least 80 percent battery charge.
6. The Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 firmware is compatible with Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) only. Do not attempt installing it on incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S4 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
- Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 KitKat stock firmware (Hong Kong)
- Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 KitKat stock firmware (Taiwan)
- Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 stock firmware (Alternate Link 1)
- Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 stock firmware (Alternate Link2)
- Odin v3.09
Note: Register via SamMobile to download and install the stock firmware or use alternate link 1 or link 2.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 KitKat Official Firmware
Step 1: Extract Android 4.4.2 I9500ZSUDNB3 firmware zip file via WinRAR/7-Zip or WinZip to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other optional files.
Step 2: Next Odin zip file should be extracted to get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy S4 and boot the device into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Powerbuttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then keep tapping Volume Upbutton to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Now connect Galaxy S4 to computer with USB cable in Download Mode. When Odin detects the device and a pop-up message reading "Added!" appears on screen, the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number.
Note: If the Added message fails to appear, then try re-installing USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 7:In Odin, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (firmware filename: I9500XXDLJ5_I9500ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
Step 8: In Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked only if you used the .pit file in previous step.
Step 9: After ensuring that Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly, hit the Startbutton in Odin to begin installing the firmware.
Step 10: After the firmware is installed, a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the top of Odin. Galaxy S4 will then reboot to the Home screen. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from computer.
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is now running I9500ZSUDNB3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the firmware installed on the device.
Troubleshooting: If Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is stuck at boot animation after Step 10, then boot into recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together), and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before choosing Reboot System Now option.
Note: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Performing data wipe task will erase your device's internal memory and not external SD card data.