The LTE version of Galaxy S4 Mini has received a new stock firmware update based on Android 4.4.2 with build number I9195XXUCNH5, which is expected to add bug fixes, performance enhancements and deliver smooth experience.
Model name: Galaxy S4 Mini LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 30 August
Product code: DBT
The new stock build is live for users in Germany via Samsung Kies and OTA. As always, the update will take time to reach all the regions. Those who cannot wait for the official roll-out, may directly head over to the installation guide to manually flash the I9195XXUCNH5 build using Odin.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. users are also advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to connect the Android device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the S4 Mini should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- I9195XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware works only with Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
How to install I9195XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (GT-I9195)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Switch off the S4 Mini
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears. Press the Power button again to confirm to enter into Download Mode
Note: Ensure that you have installed the S4 Mni USB Drivers installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S4 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, unplug the phone from the computer
The Galaxy S4 Mini should now be having the I9195XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware installed in it. Check the new firmware version by navigating to Settings>> About phone.
[Source: Team Android]