Samsung has rolled out the third Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update with build G900FXXU1BNL9 for the international European version of Galaxy S5 with model number SM-G900F. Like the previous two updates G900FXXU1BNL2 and G900FXXU1BNL7, the recent release is for the Galaxy S5 users in Poland.
As per the changelog, build G900FXXU1BNL9 improves the performance of the device. You can get the stock firmware update through OTA and via the Samsung Kies server.
But, if for some reason you failed to update your Galaxy S5 to G900FXXU1BNL9 using either of the official methods, you can still install the firmware manually using the Odin flashing tool.
- Model: SM-G900F
- Model name: Galaxy S5
- Country: Poland
- Version: Android 5.0
- Changelist: 77433514
- Build date: 18 December
- Product Code: XEO
- PDA: G900FXXU1BNL9
- CSC: G900FXEO1BNL1
- MODEM: G900FXXU1BNL9
If you want to keep your Galaxy S5 updated with the latest firmware, check out our following installation method. Keep in mind that G900FXXU1BNL9 is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked SM-G900F unit, irrespective of country and region.
- Install USB Drivers for Galaxy S5 to connect the Android device with the computer
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using custom recovery
- Verify that the battery level of the Galaxy S5 is above 80%
- You should be having an unlocked version of Galaxy S5 SM-G900F unit
- The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware
- G900FXXU1BNL9 Android 5.0 stock firmware works only with Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device
How to install G900FXXU1BNL9 Android 5.0 official update on Galaxy S5 G900F
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Power off the Galaxy S5
Step-4: Put the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC
Step-5: Run Odin as Administrator on the computer. For this, click on the tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect Galaxy S5 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
Now, you should have the latest Android 5.0 firmware on your Galaxy S5. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version.