UK Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE users can now enjoy the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on their device with due release of XXDLL7 official firmware. The XXDLL7 Jelly Bean firmware was earlier released for Note 2 N7100 users in the UK and a few other European countries.
The latest official Jelly Bean firmware is now available for download as Over-The-Air as well as over Samsung KIES in selected European countries including the UK. Those who missed the twin opportunities can now manually download and update the firmware using this guide.
NOTE: Installation of this firmware requires the use of a flashing tool like ODIN. Users should note this is an unbranded firmware and hence it can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE phone (except China, Hong Kong and Taiwan).
Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Official Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 official firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- As this is an official firmware release, you will lose root access to the phone soon after installing the Jelly Bean update. You will need to root your device again in order to regain full system access and be able to install third-party root-based apps or custom ROMs.
- Users are advised to back up important data and settings to prevent data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 official firmware on their Galaxy Note 2. It is recommended that users back up data manually using this guide and avoid using either Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup, as it may permanently damage or brick your device.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the Jelly Bean firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE on your computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later); else go to Settings > Applications > Development (if phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Make sure that your phone has at least 85 percent battery power to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update.
- Ensure that your phone is factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier before proceeding with the firmware update.
Download Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 official firmware for Galaxy Note 2 LTE on your computer and extract the zip file
Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 official Jelly Bean firmware
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXDLL7 Official Firmware
Step 1 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, Press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button, until the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text appears on screen.
Step 2 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 3 - If your phone connects successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may be time-consuming.
Step 4 - Choose the files needed to be flashed or installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files (check download section).
- Click 'PDA' button and choose file named 'CODE'.
- Tap 'Phone' button and click file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Hit 'CSC' button and choose file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click 'PIT' button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 5 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options (by selecting the checkboxes). But, Re-Partition option should be checked ONLY if you chose a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 6 - Hit the Start button in ODIN and firmware installation process will begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 7 - Once the firmware is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 official firmware update is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
Check out our step-by-step guide to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7105 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Official Jelly Bean Firmware.
[Source: Team Android]