Galaxy S3 I9300 has finally received the most stable build of CyanogenMod 10.2 (CM10.2) official ROM, which supports the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features. Those who skipped the unofficial CyanogenMod 11 update for Android 4.4 KitKat can now enjoy the most stable Android 4.3 custom firmware via CM10.2 official ROM.
The CM10.2 ROM offers the original AOSP features along with plenty of other CyanogenMod additions. Interested users can go ahead and install the latest CyanogenMod 10.2 stable ROM on their phones by using this guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Download and install the correct USB drivers for Galaxy S3 I9300 on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up all your important data before proceeding with firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery installed.
5. Verify the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation.
6. The Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 official ROM works only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Attempting to install this firmware on incompatible models may inadvertently brick the device. Verify the model number of the phone by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
7. If the device is stuck at booting or is experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
8. Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
- Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 Official (Stable) ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300
How to Install Android 4.3 update on Galaxy S3 I9300 via CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable Build
Step-1: Download Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 official ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S3 I9300 to computer
Step-2: Connect the phone to computer via USB cable. Without extracting, copy the downloaded firmware zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of the phone's SD card.
Step-3: Power off the phone and wait for 5 to 10 seconds until the device shuts down completely.
Step-4: Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together, until the Galaxy S3 logo appears on screen.
Step-5: Release all three buttons at the same time to boot into recovery mode. NOTE: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the desired option.
Step-6: Perform Wipe data/Factory reset (this will delete all apps and their settings and game progress) and choose Yes on next screen to confirm the action.
Step-7: Return to CWM recovery main menu and select Mounts and Storage > Format System and click Yes on next screen to confirm. Then perform Wipe Cache Partition. From the main menu of CWM recovery, go to Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then hit Yes on next screen to confirm.
Step-8: Select Install Zip from sdcard and then click Choose zip from sdcard. Browse to the location of the cm-10.2.0-i9300.zipfile which you copied earlier to your phone's SD card. Choose Yes on next screen to confirm the firmware installation.
Step-9: Repeat the previous step to install Google Apps as well.
Step-10: Once Google Apps is also installed, select "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the phone by tapping reboot system now from the recovery menu. Your Galaxy S3 I9300 will restart and it may take about 5 minutes for first boot. So, do not interrupt the process.
Your Galaxy S3 I9300 is now running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod official ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.