An official Over-The-Air (OTA) update has been released for the quad-core Snapdragon 600 variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 having model number I9505. The OTA update is originally for Yoigo users from Spain. However, users from supported regions can also install the update manually using Odin flashing tool.
Version: Android 4.2.2
Built date: May, 2013
Galaxy S4 users who wish to update their devices with the Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean official build may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to ensure that their handsets meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 to transfer files between the Android device to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The Galaxy S4 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The I9505XXUAME1 is an official firmware which means the phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official version. In addition, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced with the stock recovery.
7) The device will no long belong to a rooted version once official build is installed.
8) The Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean works only on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Step-1: Download Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files
Step-3: Download Odin3 v3.07. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files
Step-4: Turn off the Galaxy S4 and wait for about five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Place the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot appears on the screen. Then press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3.v3.07.exe as an Administrator
Step-7: Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while the device is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, a message saying Added will appear under Odin. If the Added message does not show, then try the USB port located at the back of the computer. If that too does not work, then re-install USB drivers
Step-8: Select the files extracted from I9505XXUAME1 folder to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA button and select file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click on Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the steps-b, c and d in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. As for Re-Partition, select the option if only a .pit file is being used
Step-9: Finally, click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, a PASS message will appear in Odin indicating the successful installation. Then phone will then restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the device to disconnect it from the computer
Android 4.2.2 XXUAME1 Jelly Bean should now be installed and running on Samsung Galalxy S4 I9505. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
If the Samsung Galaxy S4 gets stuck at boot animation or the Samsung logo (after step-10) then boot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. Perform data wiping task by selecting wipe data/factory rest and then select Wipe Cache Partition. After the action is completed, go back to main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select the desired option.
[Source: Droid Firmwares]