The apps list on the Galaxy S8 or S8+ displays all the stock apps and the ones that you have downloaded. You can download new ones either from Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps and then organise them alphabetically on the home screen.
Based on your priority, you can organise favourite apps by creating a folder on the apps list screen on your Galaxy S8.
How to create a folder on apps list screen
- On the home screen of the S8, simply swipe up to access apps
- Touch and hold an app and then drag it on top of another app shortcut until you see a highlighted box
- Release the app to create the folder. You can name the folder and change its colour.
- To add more apps in the folder, tap the apps to select them and then tap Add
- To close the folder tap anywhere outside the folder
How to launch apps in a folder
- Tap the folder and then tap an app to open it
How to delete app folder
- From the home screen, swipe up to access apps
- Touch and hold the folder to delete, then tap Delete and finally confirm the process
How to add app folder on home screen
- Swipe up on the home screen to access apps
- Touch and hold a folder and drag it to the top or bottom of the screen to move it to the home screen
- Drag the folder anywhere you want to place on the home screen and then release it.