The OxygenOS team resumed the OxygenOS OTA update for OnePlus 3 owners, after the original update was pulled due to some issue. The new firmware with OxygenOS version 3.2.1 includes all improvements in version 3.2.0 and some additional enhancements, along with bug fixes. As the rollout is incremental, you might not see the update at the moment everywhere.
But you can perform a manual installation of the update using the OTA file shared by the forum members to get the new OxygenOS version right away. There are two methods:you can choose either of them depending on the root status of your phone. Also, do not forget to create a backup of your data before you go ahead with the installation.
How to install OxygenOS 3.2.1 on OnePlus 3 on non-rooted devices with stock recovery
- Download the OTA file and save it on your PC
- Switch off your phone and boot it into recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together to boot into recovery mode
- In recovery mode, select install from ADB sideload
- Select Install from USB/ADB sideload and connect the phone to the PC
- On the PC, open a command window. For this, press Shift and right click and open a command window in the Android folder
- In the command window, execute following code
ADB sideload (the name of the zip)
For instance adb sideload OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_011_all_1607052050_0e5983ace5314161.zip
- Wait for some time until the sideload is complete
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the recovery menu and perform wipe cache. The reboot the phone. Note the first boot will take some time
How to install OxygenOS 3.2.1 for rooted devices with TWRP recovery
- Download OxygenOS 3.2.1 and save it on your phone's internal memory (or from the source thread)
- Download SuperSU in case you want root access
- Reboot the phone and create a Nnadroid back of the current ROM
- Go to Wipe>> Advanced Wipe>> select Dalvik and Cache and then do a swipe to wipe
- Head over to the main menu then select OxygenOS ROM then select Swipe to Flash
- After the update is installed, wipe Dalvik and Cache
- Flash SuperSU, then again perform Dalvik and Cache
- In the end perform a reboot
The first reboot will take some time. Those who have rooted their phones need to flash the full OxygenOS 3.2.1 zip or and flash the previous full zip (OxygenOS 3.1.2/3.1.3/3.2.0) to overwrite system partition, followed by the relevant OTA zip to install the update successfully.