With the public release of the latest iOS 8.1.3 firmware, Apple stopped signing in iOS 8.1.2 firmware. You would no longer be able to upgrade or, downgrade your device to iOS 8.1.2. But you can still enjoy jailbreak on your device, if you have installed iOS 8.2 beta 2, which Apple is signing.
If you are on iOS 8.1.3 or other firmware, you can install iOS 8.2 beta 2 and jailbreak your device using PP jailbreak tool, released by the Chinese jailbreak team last month. The jailbreak tool supports the following devices running iOS 8.2 beta 2.
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5th generation
Head over to the step-by-step guide to jailbreak your iOS device using PP jailbreak. But do not forget to create a backup and charge the battery to 80%. IBTimes UKwill not be held liable for any damage to the device. Proceed at your own risk.
How to jailbreak iOS 8.2 beta 2 on Mac using PP jailbreak
Step-1: Restore iOS 8.2 beta 2, which is only available to developers
Step-2: Disable Find My iPhone and passcode. Keep your iOS device in Airplane mode. Then connect your iOS device to Mac computer through USB cable
Step-3: Download PP Jailbreak tool
Step-4: Launch PP jailbreak after mounting the .dmg file
Step-5: Uncheck the PP check box in the bottom left corner
Step-6: Click the start button to begin the jailbreak process
Step-7: Click the button to acknowledge the warning to proceed with the jailbreak
Step-8: Your iOS device will reboot once the process is completed
You should see the Cydia icon on your home screen, confirming the jailbreak process is successful.
Points to remember
- Unlike other beta releases, iOS 8.2 beta 2 has no expiration dates, as confirmed by infamous jailbreak developer, iH8sn0w.
- As Apple is still signing this beta, you can upgrade or, downgrade to iOS 8.2 beta 2 without any issue.