Moto 360 is among the lucky few Android wearables, as Google has started rolling out the new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA bug-fix update with build number LWX49L, for the flagship smartwatch.
The only other wearables that are currently eligible for this update include the LG G Watch and the Sony Smartwatch.
Google's release notes for the new Android 5.0.2 OTA suggest that the update brings enhanced performance and stability to these wearable devices, besides introducing numerous optimisations for Google Play Services alongside a bunch of security updates for the device.
The OTA update measures just 11.9MB in file size and can be installed manually via ADB Sideload method, using simple ADB commands.
Moto 360 users who missed the official OTA update notification or cannot install the automatic update for some reason can go ahead and install the same manually, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
1. Install USB Drivers for Motorola phone on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up all your important data before proceeding with firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked. Also verify that the device is pre-rooted with custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed.
5. Verify the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation.
6. Download and install latest version of Motorola Connect app on your phone via Google Play Store in order to enable your phone to setup, manage, and update your Moto 360 watch.
Steps to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto 360 via ADB Sideload
- Download and extract the ADB/fastboot files to your computer.
- Go to the ADB folder and launch command prompt inside the folder by pressing Shift key and Right clicking in the empty space, and then choose Open command window here option from the Windows context menu.
- Connect your device to your computer via Motorola Connect PC extension and reboot your device into recovery mode. You can do this from the Reboot Manager app (download).
- In recovery mode, open the ADB Sideload menu which will be different for different custom recoveries.
- If using TWRP, go to Advanced → ADB Sideload
- If using CWM, you can navigate to Install → Install Zip from Sideload
5. Copy the Zip file you want to install on your device to the ADB folder.
6. Start the ADB sideload via recovery. Now enter the following command in the command prompt.
adb sideload sample.zip
7. At this moment, a progress bar in the command prompt indicates that the Zip file is being copied to the device. Once the file is transferred, the contents of the Zip are automatically installed on your device.
8. Reboot your device once the installation is completed on your device.
That is it. The Android 5.0.2 LWX49L is now successfully installed on your Moto 360.
[Source: Droid Views]