HTC Desire users can now taste the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) on their smartphone with the help of the Paranoid Android custom ROM, thanks to the efforts of XDA senior member known as marius.a. The developer Jelly Bean ROM with hybrid user interface is reportedly 100 percent independent of the system DPI. According to The Android Soul, the Paranoid Android is said to provide a unique Phablet mode which is hybrid of phone and tablet user interface.
Check out the steps below to install the Paranoid Android custom ROM on HTC Desire. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences. We advise users to take a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the method is compatible only with the HTC Desire. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device. In order to check the model go to Settings > About phone. The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. Finally, make sure that the device has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in it.
- Download the latest ROM from here and copy the file to the device's SD card
- Switch off the device and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. From HBOOT menu, press Volume Down to choose Recovery option and then press Power button to boot into CWM recovery
- Perform a Nandroid back-up of your current ROM by heading to Backup and Restore > Backup
- Go back to main recovery menu after making the back-up. Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and then choose "Yes" to confirm the installation.
- Choose Install Zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it and then choose "Yes" to confirm installation. ROM will begin installing
- Choose go back and then select reboot system now in order to reboot the device and then boot into Paranoid Android ROM.
You have now installed Paranoid Android ROM, based on Jelly Bean on your HTC Desire.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]