The Samsung Galaxy Mini can be updated to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Darkness custom ROM. This ROM comes with a plethora of features such as Full Holo Dark user interface, Notification animation mod, new dialer background, new battery icon interface, build.prop tweaks, Bravia engine, Touchwiz task manager and more.
Those looking to enjoy the features on their Galaxy Mini can install the CM9 Darkness ROM based on ICS by following this tutorial. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure that USB drivers are installed
To install Android 4.0.4 CM9 Darkness ROM on Galaxy Mini (S5570):
- Download Android 4.0.4 CM9 ROM and Google Apps on PC
- Copy both downloaded zip files to the device's SD card
- Turn the device off and allow it to enter Recovery mode (to do so, press and hold Menu and Power buttons)
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Choose Bootloader and go to Recovery
- In ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, wipe data. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD card option
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM zip file. Confirm the installation by tapping Yes. The installation process should begin now
- Repeat this step to install Google Apps
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device using Reboot System Now. The device will now boot and it could take about five minutes for the booting process to complete
The Galaxy Mini should now have Android 4.0.4 CM9 Darkness ROM installed. To verify, navigate to Settings > About Phone.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]