Leeds United have received bids totalling £30m for their players, head coach Steve Evans has revealed. The Championship club have so far made two additions to their squad during the January transfer window, Liam Bridcutt on loan from Sunderland Mustapha Carayol – who scored on his debut for the club in the FA Cup victory over Rotherham – on loan from Middlesbrough.
Evans is confident of more new faces arriving at the club before the window closes, but the club also face the prospect of losing some of their current first-team stars.
Defender Sam Byram is out of contract at the end of the season and has refused to sign an extension, while 18-year-old Lewis Cook remains heavily-linked with a move to Bournemouth. The club have also rejected two overseas offers for centre-half Giuseppe Bellusci, who Sky Sport Italia claim is a target for Serie A strugglers Hellas Verona.
But despite the mounting offers for his players, Evans insists the club's owner Massimo Cellino is not tempted to cash in. "I think it's in excess of £30m, the offers on the table for different players. If it was that for one player then I'd probably get the order to drive him there but it isn't," Evans said, the Yorkshire Post reported.
"I was with the president (on Friday night), we sat down for a coffee and we're not selling anyone as we sit here.
"I've always been a believer that everyone has a price. Cristiano Ronaldo has a price. Gareth Bale has a price. But the president says we're not going to be doing it unless someone reaches a figure he thinks is in the interests of the club. I don't ask people to defend him but a lot of owners would have been selling these players for that money.
"If you totalled it up and there was a fire sale at Elland Road tomorrow, that (£30m) is the type of money you'd be talking."