Kenny Dalglish
Liverpool manager Kenny Daglish

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, who reportedly accepted full responsibility for the £112 million worth of failed signings that have resulted in the Reds' poor Premier League performance this season, has been assured that his job is safe after Damien Comolli's recent sacking, reported the Independent. The club's Chairman, Tom Werner, said they were happy with Dalglish despite the poor performances.

"We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support. We've had a strategy that we have agreed on. There was some disconnect on the implementation of that. That strategy is a strong one and it will continue," Werner told Liverpool's official Web site in an interview.

In addition, the 61 year old will also be handed a generous transfer budget to compete with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea in the forthcoming transfer window.

"We need to build a strong system under the first team. We're hard at work identifying transfer targets and we will be better next year. I think it's fair to say no supporter would be delighted with the results we've achieved this year. We feel we are a club that needs to be perceived as the strongest club in football and we want to get there," he added.

"But when it's time to act, we need to act. We're coming close to the end of the season and the transfer window for the summer, and we felt it was important to make this change expeditiously," he explained.

Now, after winning the Carling Cup this season, Liverpool will have their eyes on the FA Cup. However, first they will have to beat local rivals Everton at Wembley on Saturday in order to reach the finals.

"The club needs to move forward - we now have a huge game on Saturday. It is important that everyone joins us in supporting the manager and gets behind Kenny [Dalglish] and the team and focuses on a strong finish to the season," Werner added.

Liverpool had been on a major spending spree under recently sacked Director of Football Strategy Damien Comolli, who brought in players like Andy Carroll, Luis Suarez, Steward Downing and Jordan Henderson.

Meanwhile, Dalglish feels that Comolli has been very helpful in getting the Reds' transfer targets.

"Comolli has been really helpful in every transfer target that we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted, Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It's sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes," BBCquoted Dalglish as saying.

However, Comolli says that he is happy to leave Liverpool and go back to France "for family reasons".

"I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work at Liverpool. I wish the club all the best for the future," he said, according to a BBC report.