Michael Schumacher could be out of hospital by Christmas, according to a German media report.
The seven-time Formula One champion is currently undergoing rehabilitation at Lausanne hospital in Switzerland.
According to Focus, a German magazine, the racing legend's exit from hospital could come in December, meaning Schumacher could be with his family for Christmas.
But any prediction about how long Schumacher's recovery will take must be treated with a dose of scepticism, given the media blackout imposed by his family.
Also, Focus's claim about Schumacher, 45, being out of a rehabilitation centre in time for the first anniversary of his devastating ski crash, was made in the context of a much more cautious prognosis by a source.
They reportedly said "nobody" was prepared to say how long it would take for his language and motor skills to return, if at all. The source added Schumacher remained "dependent around the clock for help".
Wife Corinna Schumacher this week hailed her husband as "a fighter who will never give up" in a letter to a schoolboy in Omagh, northern Ireland.
- Corinna Schumacher Tells Stunned Schoolboy 'Michael is a Fighter' in Letter
- Michael Schumacher's Wife Loses Privacy Case Against German Media
- Man Accused of Leaking Michael Schumacher Medical Files Found Hanged
- Ferrari Formula One Car Raced by Michael Schumacher Put on Sale for $2m
- Michael Schumacher Recovery: Mercedes Still Sponsoring Injured Formula One Star
- Michael Schumacher's Luxury Falcon 2000EX Jet on Sale for £16 million
- Michael Schumacher Could Leave Hospital Soon as Condition Improves
- Michael Schumacher 'Using Eyelids to Communicate with Loved Ones'
- Michael Schumacher Police Make Medical Records Breakthrough as Helicopter Firm Denies File Leak
- Corinna Schumacher at First Public Show Without Husband Michael Schumacher
- Michael Schumacher Records Leak: Police Widen 'Shadow Hunter' Search to Switzerland