Team Suzuki's Maverick Vinales was the fastest during Free Practice session one of the 2016 Catalunya Spain MotoGP on 3 June (Friday), while defending champion Jorge Lorenzo stormed back to claim the top position in the second session. The Spaniard will be looking to finish the qualifying session on the top at the Circuit de Barcelona on Saturday.
Where to watch live
The third practice session starts at 8.50am BST, while the fourth practice session starts at 12.30pm BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix starts at 1.35pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Defending champion Jorge Lorenzo continued his fairytale run at the Catalunya circuit, setting the fastest time in FP2 clocking 1:41.712s. Lorenzo finished marginally ahead of Team Suzuki's Vinales, who came in second with a time of 1:41.954s, while Cal Crutchlow of Honda rounded up the top three clocking 1:42.011s.
Seven-time champion Valentino Rossi, who came back to form after winning the Spanish GP at the Jerez circuit recently, had a disappointing outing, eventually finishing sixth.
Top 10 practice results from Circuit de Barcelona:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Yamaha 1:41.712s
2. Maverick Vinales (SPA) Suzuki 1:41.954s
3. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Honda 1:42.011s
4. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Honda 1:42.196s
5. Scott Redding (GBR) Octo 1:42.282s
6. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:42.296s
7. Hector Barbera (SPA) Avintia 1:42.308s
8. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 1:42.461s
9. Marc Marquez (SPA) Honda 1:42.485s
10. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:42.490s