The international variant of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) can now be updated with the latest KitKat stock firmware from Samsung, N7100XXUFNE1 Android 4.4.2, which brings a host of bug-fixes and feature enhancements over the previous build N7100XXUFND4.
Though the firmware is officially meant for Cyprus region, Note 2 N7100 users in other regions are also expected to get the firmware a bit later as Samsung is pushing out the firmware in phases.
Interested Note 2 users, who missed the official OTA update notification or cannot wait for the official firmware release in their country, can follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually.
Android 4.4.2 N7100XXUFNE1 Stock Firmware Details
Model name: GALAXY Note 2
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Tue, 06 May 2014 07:41:13 +0000
Product Code: CYV
Note: As N7100XXUFNE1 is an unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked international variant of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100), regardless of the country or region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device, during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) on the computer.
2. USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up your important data to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
5. Verify Galaxy Note 2 has at least 80% battery charge.
6. The Android 4.4.2 N7100XXUFNE1 firmware is compatible with Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) only. Do not attempt installing it on incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 2 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 N7100XXUFNE1 KitKat Stock Firmware
Step 2: Next, extract the Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files.
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy Note 2 and boot the device into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo with red or yellow text appears on screen.
Step 5: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Now connect Galaxy Note 2 to computer with USB cable in Download Mode. When Odin detects the device and a pop-up message reading "Added!" appears on screen, the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number. Note: If the Added message fails to appear, then try re-installing USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 7: Choose the following files in Odin from the extracted N7100XXUFND4 folder:
- Click the AP button and choose the .tar.md5 file
- Tap the CP button and select the file named MODEM.
- Press the CSC button and choose the file named CSC.
- Hit the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note: Ignore the last three files if they are missing or not found.
Step 8: In Odin, select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, uncheck the Re-partition option.
Step 9: After ensuring that Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly, hit the Start button in Odin to begin installing the firmware.
Step 10: After the firmware is installed, a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the top of Odin. Galaxy Note 2 will then reboot to the Home screen. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from the computer.
Your Galaxy Note 2 is now running N7100XXUFNE1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify that the firmware is installed on the device.
Troubleshooting: If the Galaxy Note 2 is stuck at boot animation after Step 10, then boot into recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together), and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before choosing the Reboot System Now option.
Note: In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Performing data wipe task will erase your device's internal memory and not external SD card data.
Click here to read about how to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and Install Philz Recovery
[Source: Team Android]
- New Developer Changelog Reveals AOSP Changes from Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) to Android L Developer Preview (LPV79)
- Android L Developer Preview Brings 'Project Volta' with 36% Longer Battery Life on Nexus 5
- Install ParanoidAndroid Android 4.4.4 Final ROM on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus
- Root Android L Developer Preview on Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 with Patched SuperSU