The Android developer community has brought out one more Lollipop custom build for Nexus 5 called Euphoria OS. Based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP), the new release of Euphoria OS updates the Nexus 5 to new Android version, 5.0.2.
Senior XDA member Mahdi786 has posted this ROM on the forum. Check out the following changelog for the Euphoria OS ROM.
Euphoria OS changelog
- Theme chooser fixes
- Expanded desktop : Fix Left handed navbar during landscape mode
- Profiles: fix no home or recents button when lock screen is disabled on boot
- Custom animations - System - ListView - Toast
- Add back status bar date style option
- MMS: Per conversation notification settings/ringtones
Ambient display options
- Full mode (pocket, shake, pulse)
- Pocket and shake only
- Pocket and pulse only
- Pocket only
- Shake and pulse only
- Pulse only (default)
- T9 dialpad for Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Korean and Russian
- Merged in translations from CM
- Revert all audio changes
- Add multi-rom patch for kernel
- Bluetooth a2dp fixes
- Audio fixes
- Fully up-to-date with CM
Click hereto know more about the changes introduced in the previous Euphoria OS.
If you want to install Euphoria OS ROM v1.0 to get Android 5.0.2 features on Nexus 5, head over to the installation guide.
- Create a backup of all your important data as this process might wipe out everything. You can do so using any custom recovery on your Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- The Nexus 5 should be having above 80% battery. Due to lack of battery the phone might shut down during the middle of the process which in turn could damage the device.
- It should be rooted with the latest version of TWRP recovery installed.
- Euphoria OS version 1.0 supports Nexus 5 codenamed hammerhead only. Applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware based on the mode number of the device.
- All the features might not be functioning properly since the ROM is under development stage.
- After the ROM is installed, leave the device for at least 10 minutes, before using it, for a better user experience.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Euphoria OS ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Nexus 5
Step-1: Download the above files for on your PC
Step-2: Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable. Without extracting move the downloaded files to the internal storage of the phone. Keep the files in the SD card root folder, not inside other folder
Step-3: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-4: Enter recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Down buttons together, release the Power button once the Google logo appears on the screen, but keep holding the Volume Down button. The phone should be in recovery mode. Press Volume Down button twice, the recovery option will be displayed. Now press the Power button to confirm entering into recovery mode
Step-5: In the recovery, create a Nandroid backup
Step-6: Perform factory reset. Select wipe data/factory reset
Step-7: Perform cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-8: From the main recovery menu, select advanced then wipe dalvik cache. This step is important and doing this will ensure the device does not get into boot loops or, other errors
Step-9: Flash the Euphoria OS ROM. Select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip and locate the ROM. Select it and confirm installation
Step-10: Repeat the similar procedure to flash the Gapps package
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, reboot the phone. Go to the recovery menu, select reboot system now. This will boot the Nexus 5 into Euphoria OS ROM. Wait until the phone boots up successfully. This step is likely to take some time, until then do not press any button
Your Nexus 5 should now be updated with Euphoria OS version 1.0 based on latest Android Lollipop software.
If you don't like this ROM, you can always choose to go back to the previous ROM. Boot your phone into recovery mode, select Backup and then through the Restore option, restore your previous firmware.