We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
A new universal root tool for devices running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) has been released by an XDA recognised developer known as Bin4ry.
The tool is expected to run on Sony Xperia T, Xperia S and Xperia P, though these devices do not have an Android's native restore with adb. While the company has added its own custom "Backup & Restore" app, the tool has the ability to handle such devices.
The xda-developers forum notes a list of confirmed devices including Sony Acro S, Ion, Tipo, Tablet S. The other devices include Nexus 7 (UK firmware), LG P705, P7510, HTC One S, Samsung Galaxy S2 and more.
Check out the guide below on how to install and use the root tool. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Make sure that the device is running Android 4.0 or Android 4.1 ROM only. The tool will not work on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or the below versions of Android.
- Finally, ensure that drivers for Android device are already installed on the PC. For several devices, users can install the drivers using the manufacturer's PC suite software.
How to install and use Bin4ry's root tool:
- Download the tool from the official thread at XDA Developers' forum
- Extract the downloaded zip file to any convenient location on your PC
- In the Settings of your smartphone or tablet enable USB debugging > Developer options menu
- Double-click the RunMe.bat file in order to run the tool
- Make an appropriate choice as per the device you have (For all non-Sony devices, you have enter 4 for the normal method), then press Enter
- Connect your phone to the PC and then follow the on-screen instructions for rooting the device
The Bin4ry's root tool is now ready for you to root your Android smartphone or tablet.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]