Samsung has begun rolling out Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) update with base firmware XXLPY for Galaxy S Advance (model number I9070) which was first shipped with Android Gingerbread software. The update, first rolled out to users in Russia, is available through Samsung Kies as well as OTA. The Jelly Bean update reportedly brings Samsung's new Touch-Wiz Nature user interface (UI).
Good news is XDA developer, Shaaan, has released a root package allowing the users to root their devices running on Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware.
Galaxy S Advance users, who wish to root their devices manually, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their device, since the root package works only with Samsung galaxy S Advance I9070 but not with any other variants.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Create backup for all your important data.
4) Ensure 80 percent battery charge.
Steps to root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean
2) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable and then copy the downloaded zip file to the external SD card of the device
3) Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off
4) Enter into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
5) Using the Volume buttons scroll down and select install update from external storage
6) Locate the root file copied to the SD card, then press the Power button to select it and confirm installation
7) Once the installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now'
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 running on official Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully.