The I9300XXUGML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean stock firmware build has been recently rolled out for the Galaxy S3 users (GT-I9300). The update was released after Samsung resumed the Android 4.3 update service, which was suspended temporarily following users' complaint over major bug issues.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: 13 December
Click here for our step-by-step guide to install I9300XXUGML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3.
Those who have already installed the stock firmware and currently looking for a root method, may follow our step-by-step guide. The guide uses CF-Root package released by well known XDA developer, Chainfire. The root package contains SuperSU v0.93, CWM recovery v5.5 and CWM Manager v3.06.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before following the root guide, users are advised to verify their devices meet following set of requirement.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 to transfer files between the Android device and the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod or, TWRP then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the rooting process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device will lose manufacturer's warranty once it is rooted.
6) The CF-Root files work only with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. As applying this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
CF-Root [File name: CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip]
How to root Galaxy S3 on I9300XXUGML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Step-1: Extract the downloaded root zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar file
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-4: Place the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Power button to confirm to enter into Download Mode
Step-5: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so, right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-7: In Odin, click the PDA button and select CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar, which was extracted earlier
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart. When the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from computer.
Galaxy S3 should now be rooted successfully on I9300XXUGML2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Open the app drawer and check for Superuser app.
Also, to make sure the aforementioned root method is installed and working properly, verify with Root Checker app, available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Team Android]