Samsung has rolled out the latest Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) firmware update for Galaxy Ace 2 in the UK. The update XXLK7 Gingerbread is said to be more stable and bug-free than the previous firmware. Users can access the update via Samsung Kies or manual installation. To follow the latter users can check this tutorial.
XXLK7 firmware details:
· The device will lose installed custom ROM. It will be replaced by the stock official ROM
· The device will lose custom recovery
· The device will lose root
· Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
· Install USB drivers for the Music device in PC
· Enable USB debugging
To update Galaxy Ace 2 to I8160XXLK7 official firmware:
- Extract firmware and Odin zip files
- Switch the device off
- Put the device in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until you get a green robot on the screen)
- Open Odin and connect the device to PC in the Download mode. You will get a message saying "Added"
- If the device is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes turns yellow
- Choose the files that have to be flashed on the device
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Hit the Start button. Installation will now begin
- After installation, you will see a PASS message. Now, the device will reboot by itself and you will see the Samsung logo. You can now unplug the device from PC
Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 should now be running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread build XXLK7. You may verify the same by navigating to Settings > About phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]