We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The first leaked Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now available. Users looking to root their Galaxy Note 2 units on the XXDLJ2 Android 4.1.2 file can check out this tutorial. However, IBTimes UK cautions its readers to proceed at their own risk and re-iterates we will not be held responsible if you damage your device during the rooting process.
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Ensure all necessary USB drivers are installed on Galaxy Note 2
To Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLJ2
- Download Android 4.1.2 CWM + Rooting Package to computer
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn device off and let the device enter Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons and then press the Power button until you see the Samsung logo or red and yellow text on the screen. You can now press Power to confirm entry into Download Mode)
- Double-click on Odin to start programme on your PC and connect your device to the computer via USB cable. If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number
- Choose the file that you have to flash or install on your device. Click on PDA and choose the file cmw6-root-note2.tar
- Ensure that "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset" are checked in Odin
- Now, click on Start button in Odin. Installation will begin
- After installation is completed, the device will restart automatically. After you see the home screen, unplug the device from the computer
Your Galaxy Note 2 should now be rooted on XXDLJ2 Android 4.1.2 software version.
[Source: Team Android]