Samsung Galaxy S2 owners can now run SuperNexus ROM based on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). Faryaab, XDA Recognised developer and Contributor, has ported the ROM on Galaxy S2 which will help you to turn the device into Jelly Bean'ed Galaxy Nexus. The SuperNexus tends to provide Vanilla Android experience on your Galaxy S2. The ROM is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source. "SuperNexus is very light too as there ar no 3rd party apps (ZERO Bloatware)," claims Faryaab on xda developers forum.
The ROM features official Jelly Bean Bootanimation, Landscape dialer support, huge APN and SPN list, disabled data roaming by default, improved scrolling cache, reduced boot time and more. The developer claims even though it not butter smooth it is still nice.
Take a look at the steps below to install SuperNexus ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2.
Please note that the guide could out your data to risk. IBTimes UK recommends users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be not held responsible for any consequences. Back up all your data including APN settings before proceeding with the installation.
Requirements: Please keep in mind that the procedure is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. Hence, do not attempt to try the method on any other device. To manually check your device's model number you can look into Settings > About phone. Make sure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is already installed in your device.
- Download the latest build from the official thread on xda-developers
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Without extracting copy both downloaded files from step 1 and step 2 to your Galaxy S2's internal SDcard
- Turn off your Galaxy S2 and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons, and then as soon as the screen turns on, release the buttons. Keep holding the Volume Up button until a menu is shown up. To scroll up and down use the Volume buttons and to opt for Home button to select any option
- Make a Nandroid back-up of your existing ROM. To take the back-up go back to Backup and Restore > Select Backup on the next screen. Go back to main recovery menu after completing the back-up
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm wiping
- After wiping process, select Install Zip option from SDcard. Scroll to ROM file and select it and choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose zip from SDcard once again and choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install Gapps package
- After installing Gapps package, go back to main recovery menu and choose reboot system now to reboot the device.
SuperNexus ROM based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2.