ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery 126.96.36.199 is now made available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. CWM recovery will let users to easily root their tablet if the rooting method that will be applied requires CWM and backup/ restore.
Users who wish to install CWM Recovery 188.8.131.52 on their Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 can check out the guide below. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any damage to their devices. Before proceeding, please keep in mind that this CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 is compatible only with Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- Backup all your important data
- Make sure that your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is left with a minimum charge of 80 per cent.
- Enable USB Debugging
- Ensure your device is factory unlocked
How to install CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- Download the CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 and Odin v1.85 to your computer
- Turn device off and let the device enter into Download Mode. Press and keep holding Volume Up and Power buttons until you see an Android robot and a triangle. You can now press Power button to confirm to enter into Download Mode
- Double-click on Odin file to start Odin on your PC and connect your device via USB cable. If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number
- Choose the file that you have to flash or install on your device. Click on PDA and choose the file GT-P3100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_22.214.171.124.tar
- Ensure that only the "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset" are checked in Odin
- Now, click on Start button in Odin for the installation to begin
- After installation is completed, your device will restart automatically. After you see the home screen, unplug the tablet from the computer
Your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 should now be running the latest ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199 custom recovery.
[Source: Team Android]