The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5110) in the UK has received the XXCLK7 Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) upgrade. The update can be accessed via the Samsung Kies software or through a manual installation.
Users who are interested to update the device manually may do so by following this tutorial. Please note this is an official Jelly Bean build, which means your device will lose root after installing the update. Before proceeding, ensure the device has all the necessary USB drivers installed.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- PDA: P5110XXCLK7
- CSC: P5110OXACLK7
- Version: 4.1.1
To Install P5110XXCLK7 official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Download Android 4.1.1 P5110XXCLK7 to the PC and extract the file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch the device off and boot the device in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until Android robot and a triangle appears and then press Power button to confirm entry to Download mode)
- Open Odin and connect the device to PC in the Download mode
- If the device is connected successfully , one of the ID:COM boxes turns yellow
- Choose the files that have to be flashed on the device
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on the Start button. Installation will now begin
- After installation, the device will restart automatically. Once the Home screen, appears unplug the device from PC
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 should now be running Jelly Bean build XXCLK7.
[Source: Team Android]