Samsung has rolled out Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) S7562XALK1 for Galaxy S Duos. This firmware is expected to come with bug fixes and performance improvement for the device. The update can be accessed via Samsung Kies, while users who want to install this firmware manually can follow this tutorial.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- The device will lose installed custom ROM. It will be replaced by the stock official ROM
- The device will lose custom recovery
- The device will lose root
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Install USB drivers for the Music device in PC
- Enable USB debugging
To update Galaxy S Duos to S7562XXALK1 ICS official firmware:
- Extract firmware and Odin zip files
- Switch the device off
- Put the device in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until you get a green robot on the screen)
- Open Odin and connect the device to PC in the Download mode. You will get a message saying "Added"
- If the device is connected successfully , one of the ID:COM boxes turns yellow
- Choose the files that have to be flashed on the device
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Hit the Start button. Installation will now begin
- After installation, you will see a PASS message. Now, the device will reboot by itself and you will see the Samsung logo. You can now unplug the device from PC
Your Samsung Galaxy S Duos should now be running Android 4.0.4 build XXALK1 build.
[Source: Android Jinn]