Sony's most recent selfie smartphone, the Xperia C5 Ultra, is now available in the US. Buyers are required to go for the unlocked variant of the device in the country.
The C5 Ultra succeeds last year's Xperia C5 which was branded as a selfie smartphone, and is priced at $320 (£213) at Expansys. Buyers can also check out popular e-tailer Amazon. Both Expansys and Amazon are claiming to ship the C5 Ultra.
Buyers can also get a dual-SIM edition of the C5 Ultra, whose USP is its 13MP front camera. Key technical specs of the handset are:
- 6in scratch-resistant display with Multitouch capability
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating system; eligible to receive Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) in future
- 1.7GHz Cortex-A53 process; within MediaTek MT6752 SoC
- 13 MP rear camera
- 13 MP front camera
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 200 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2930mAh Lithium-Ion battery which is claimed to offer a talktime of up to 13 hours on 3G.