An Android 4.4.4 build has been leaked for Sony Xperia Z2, hinting the arrival of the update.
MN-Ming Team at XDA has shared the leaked firmware and developed a ROM using the leak, which comes with build version, 23.0.1.A.0.32.
The team has also shared photos of the leaked build, which suggest that the Xperia Z2 will get similar UI and home launcher as Xperia Z3.
Other notable features from the Xperia Z3 include screen record function, restart option in Power menu, Ultra STAMINA mode and the ability to set up a DUALSHOCK 4 gaming controller, states Xperiablog. Head over to the development thread to know more about the leaked firmware.
ROM name: EXR
Model: Xperia Z2
Version: Android 4.4.4
Build number: 23.0.1.A.0.32
ROM maker: EXR MN-MNG
Release time: 16 October
Xperia Z2 users, who wish to taste the leaked firmware version via EXR ROM, may follow the installation guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Xperia Z2 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Ensure that a custom recovery is installed on the phone.
- Android 4.4.4 EXR ROM works only with Xperia Z2. As applying this to any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Xperia V by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Copy the ROM to the phone's storage and remember the location.
How to install Android 4.4.4 (23.0.1.A.0.32) via EXR ROM on Xperia Z2
Step-1: Boot the phone into recovery mode. First switch off the device and wait for about 5-10 seconds until the device completely goes off. Switch it on again when you see phone's LED notification light turns pink (or changes to any other colour). Press either Volume Up or Volume Down button for a couple of times to boot into recovery mode
Note: In recovery mode use Volume buttons to navigate up and down between options and use Power button to select an option.
Step-2: Make a Nandroid backup from recovery. This is optional but very important in case something goes wrong you will be able to restore to current status easily. Navigate to Backup and Restore>> Backup
Step-3: Perform a fill clean-up of the device
Select Wipe data/Factory reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm factory reset
Select Wipe Cache Partition then select Yes on the next screen to confirm wiping cache
Step-4: Select Install zip>> Choose zip from sdcard (or external sdcard where the file is saved). Now browse to the location where ROM zip is copied. Select it and confirm installation
Step-5: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
Now you can enjoy all the features of the leaked build on your Xperia Z2.