The latest Sony Xperia Z's home launcher has been ported to other Samsung devices such as Galaxy S2, S3, Note and Note 2, all thanks to XDA themer ThilinaC. The Xperia Z launcher features Xperia beautiful widgets, super smooth launcher, Sony Notes app and its widget, 7 Home screen add/remove support, folders in App drawer, nice user interface and re-size widgets.
Before proceeding with the installation, ensure the device is running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) ROM. Make sure the device has ClockwrokMod (CWM) recovery installed. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
To install Sony Xperia Z launcher on Galaxy S2, S3, Note and Note 2:
- Download the Xperia Z launcher package
- Copy the launcher file to the internal storage on the device
- Turn the device off and boot into CWM recovery (you can do, by holding Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons until the screen turns on)
- The device will now boot into CWM recovery within few seconds
- Make a Nandroid backup of the existing ROM. To perform a backup, choose Backup and Restore. On the next screen, choose Backup once again. Go back to main recovery menu after the backup is completed
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, scroll to the launcher file on the SD card and confirm the installation by tapping on Yes
- After installation completes, reboot the device by entering main recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now
- Once the device boots up, choose the Xperia Home option to launch the launcher
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]