Tottenham defensive midfielder Sandro has revealed that the last week was the worst in his professional career but the Brazilian insists his side will come out of their troubles much stronger than before.
Spurs were thrashed by Manchester City 6-0 at the end of November and although they recovered from the loss with a win in the Europa League and draw to Manchester United Andre Villas-Boas' job has been under the microscope.
And Sandro says that the week has been the most difficult which he can remember as a Tottenham player but insists that the side have come together to move past their difficulties and regroup in preparation for the Christmas period.
"It was the worst week I have had in my career," he said, according to the Mirror. "I have to take this out of my mind.
"As a team we have to stay together in the bad moments and I think we are doing this. Everyone stayed together, talked and it was good."
Sandro also insisted that the manager has the full backing of the players as Villas-Boas entered a war of words with Daily Mail journalists Neil Ashton and Martin Samuel, claiming they have been attacking his personal values as the side struggle in the league.
"Everyone likes [Villas-Boas]," Sandro explained. "We have to play for him and I think everyone is doing that on the pitch. The fans, also. Now we have to start to win. If we win the first game, we will feel better.
"I play for the manager in every game. And for Spurs. Criticism happens to any coach if you do not win games. He knows we are here and we showed him what we are going to do."
Tottenham face Fulham on Wednesday followed by Sunderland at the weekend and the side will be hoping to take maximum points as they currently sit just one win away from breaking into the top four.