We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Capcom has revealed Multi-Mission mode for upcoming Resident Evil spin-off Umbrella Corps, which will see teams of up to three players compete in a best-of-five format, with each round cycling through one of eight additional new modes.
"This allows the same team members to consecutively enjoy different gameplay experiences in a seamless way, and provides an expedited matching process for quickly getting into the game," states a press release. It's not clear if each of the new modes will also be available to play separately.
Capcom released a new trailer describing the new modes, which we've embedded below. We've included the text description of each mode below as well.
- Target Hunter – One target will be chosen per team and only killing that target will count towards the score. Players can choose whether to focus on protecting their own target or aggressively attacking the enemy target.
- Respawn Match – Team deathmatch featuring respawns. Take advantage of the on-screen sound radar map to locate the enemies' random respawn points.
- Domination – Secure the specified data transmission point located within the stage for a longer time than the enemy team in order to win.
- DNA Hunter – Kill zombies and collect their DNA samples. Destroying the opposing team's Zombie Jammers is a key strategy in this mode.
- SP DNA Hunter – Kill the special mutated zombies and collect their DNA samples. They are particularly tough and immune to the effects of the Zombie Jammer. It'll take teamwork to bring these creatures down.
- Collector – Teams battle it out to see who will be first to collect all five briefcases in the stage.
- Protector – Find the briefcase and hold it for as long as possible, while fending off the opposition. The player who has it will become a moving target, so teams must work together effectively.
- Collar War – Collect the battle data "collars" of downed enemy players, and pick up allies' collars to prevent the enemy team from getting points.
Umbrella Corps is a multiplayer shooter announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show. The unexpected title arrives as Capcom celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Resident Evil franchise, a celebration which began with a Resident Evil Zero remake and will continue with rereleases of Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 on current platforms later this year.
The game will be released on PS4 and PC in May for £24.99