Nexus S (i9020) users can now install the new Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) JellyShot ROM. This is a custom ROM which brings several features on top of stock Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Those looking to install the ROM can check this tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions it readers to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences during installation.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure that USB drivers are installed
- Ensure the device has ClockworkMod recovery installed
- Make a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM
- This ROM is compatible only with the Nexus S (i9020) model
To install Android 4.2.1 JellyShot ROM in Nexus S:
- Download Android 4.2.1 JellyShot ROM and Google Apps on PC
- Copy both downloaded zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch the device off and allow it to enter Bootloader mode (you can do so, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons)
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Choose Bootloader and go to Recovery
- In ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery, wipe data. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD card option
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM zip file. Confirm the installation by tapping Yes. The installation process should begin now
- Repeat this step to install Google Apps
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device using Reboot System Now. The device will now boot and it could take about five minutes for the booting process to complete
Your Nexus S should now be running Android 4.2.1 firmware. To verify, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]