Where is the best beach in Europe? You might hazard a guess that it would be in Spain, Portugal or Italy. So you may be surprised to discover it is in Wales.
Tenby Harbour Beach in Pembrokeshire was judged best for water quality, beauty and its reputation among visitors, by tourism group European Best Destinations.
Tenby is a picturesque medieval walled town with 2.5 miles (4km) of sandy beaches.
The best beach in Europe: Tenby Harbour Beach, Pembrokeshire, WalesMatthew Hartley
Praia da Cova on Portugal's Algarve was named runner-up. Third place went to Zlatni Rat beach on Brac Island in Croatia.
The rest of the top-ten includes two beaches in France, one each in Italy and Spain, and – surprisingly, perhaps – one in northern Germany.
2. Praia da Cova Redonda, on the Algarve coast in PortugalGerwin Filius
3. The Zlatni Rat, often referred to as the Golden Cape or Golden Horn, on Brac Island in CroatiaOn The Go Tours
4. Isola Bella Beach, Taormina, SicilyFlickr/gnuckx
5. Los Canos de Meca, Andalusia, SpainJavier Gutierrez Acedo
6. Grande Plage Biarritz, southwestern FranceClaudia A. Gamon
7. Virgin island's creek, also known as Île Vierge or Point of Saint Hernot, Brittany, FranceFrédérique Voisin-Demery
8. Porto Santo Beach, MadeiraAleksandra Uzelac
9. Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa, CyprusMartin Wippel
10. Kampen beach on the island Sylt, northern GermanyAndreas Zachmann