To download and install Windows 10 on desktops and mobile devices, users will need to meet certain system requirements, Microsoft has said.
The technology giant has released a list of minimum requirements that will be needed to download and install the OS, which will be launched in summer 2015.
The requirements are mentioned below:
- Firmware: UEFI 2.3.1 Secure Boot enabled
- Memory: 2GB for 64-bit, 1GB for 32-bit
- Storage: Equal to or less than 16GB if 32-bit Windows 10 OS is to be installed. For 64-bit Oses, users' systems will require to possess at least 2GB RAM.
- Graphics support: DirectX 9
For Mobile devices:
- Firmware: UEFI 2.3.1 Secure boot enabled
- Memory: At least 512MB for 32-bit
- Storage: Greater than or equal to 4GB of flash. SD card required for 4GB devices, for updates.
- Graphics: DirectX 9
Windows 10 to be launched in 190 countries
Microsoft has already confirmed that it will release the Windows 10 operating system in 190 countries in 111 languages.
The company has entered into a partnership with Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi to test Windows 10 (Technical Preview) on Mi 4 handsets and make amends using feedback from the smartphones users.
Once officially released, Windows 10 will let users install vital system updates via the peer-to-peer (P2P) framework, and the new OS once installed will use less space and free up as much as 2.6 GB of system memory using customised compression techniques.