Microsoft has released the Windows 10 Preview Build 14352 to insiders in the fast ring which brings some major Cortana and Windows Ink improvements. Apart from the new features, the update currently available to only official testers for the company also brings a host of bug fixes for previously reported issues.
Among the new features introduced Cortana, Microsoft's version of Siri, will now help you play your favourite songs directly from you OneDrive files. Even if the song you want is not located in your Drive or local folder you can just get a Groove Music Pass and listen to your favourite playlist or song.
The most interesting addition in the update though is that you can now run two antivirus programs on your PC. Apart from that, gamers are in for a treat as the update brings a full-screen Windows Game bar support for hits like League of Legends and World of Warcraft.
As for Windows Ink features, now you can ink reminders to yourself using the Sticky Notes app. Prior to this, you could only use it as a virtual sticky note but now for instance if you type a URL, it will divert to a Edge Web page and reminders will also enter themselves into Cortana.
The traditional Explorer icon has finally had a revamp with more colour. Also, now converting to Windows Enterprise edition is much easier compared to earlier when the upgrade from the Pro to Enterprise edition required a complete wipe and re-installation of the OS. Now you can just carry out the change by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation under the settings app and click on 'Change product key' and enter a valid Enterprise product key.
Some of the major fixes done for PC
- Feedback Hub is localised, so if a different language is installed, one will need to relaunch the Feedback Hub.
- An issue with Intel HD Graphics 3000 or Intel HD Graphics 2000 GPUs causing rendering issues and instability has been fixed.
- Surface Books turning blue screen when using Windows Hello has been fixed.
- Brightness Quick Action is no longer missing.
- Fixes have been issued for Precision Touchpads which improve the reliability of using gestures and responsiveness.
- Using Esc to exit a full screen video with Microsoft Edge would not work. That has been fixed.
- The Settings app has been updated.
- The Lock screen sometimes would not show Caps lock warning. That has been fixed.
To know more in detail of the other fixes and new features visit the Official Microsoft Blog.