At a time when 'value for money' gadgets are being accorded higher priority than their much fancier high-end counterparts, a smartphone called Intex Aqua T2 has been launched in India and the device is said to be the most economical Android 4.4 KitKat smartphone ever.
Intex Aqua T2 costs INR 2,699 ($44, £27) and will be available for purchase in India via the country's major e-commerce web portal Flipkart.
Intex Aqua T2 is manufactured and branded by Intex (a popular Indian smartphone brand), and the device adds to the already existing Intex Aqua smartphone series in India, and to the 'budget' smartphone segment in the country.
The smartphone directly competes with the recently released Google Android One smartphones that are priced at INR 6,300 (£63, $100), and also challenge Xiaomi's Redmi 1S that apparently sells-out like hot cakes whenever pre-orders are open in the country.
For its INR 2,699 ($44, £27) price tag, Intex Aqua T2 comes with the following technical specifications:
- 3.5in display
- Android 4.4. operating platform straight out of the box
- 1.3GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6571 processor, with 256 MB RAM
- 512 MB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via an external microSD card
- 2MP rear camera, and a VGA front camera
- Dual-SIM card support
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity options
- 1,100 mAh battery, with a claimed talktime of 180 hours
The Intex Aqua T2 may not be your essential feature-filled smartphone, but the USP of the device is that it takes both the smartphone experience and Android KitKat to the masses, especially to those fretting about having to spend an entire month's salary on high-end smartphones offering Android 4.4 KitKat.