The X-Files revival will hit your TV screens on 24 January 2016 on Fox as filming for the six-episode series has already begun.
Actor David Duchovny will reprise his role as Fox Mulder, a former FBI special agent assigned to the X-Files, and Gillian Anderson will return as Dana Scully, a medical doctor and former FBI special agent.
Fox has also released two small teasers for the revival series. The most recent ones show a huge spaceship crash landing on earth, some policemen with guns, and someone with sharp tools.
Mulder says in the promo, "Are you ready for this Scully?" to which she replies, "I don't know if there is a choice."
What we know of Fox's revival series so far:
1. Kumail Nanjiani teases brilliant script: Silicon who hosts The X-Files podcast, tweeted the news that he was working on his beloved show alongside the Flight Of The Conchords' Rhys Darby.
He also has nice words for his fellow actors David and Gillian on The X-Files sets.
2. The Lone Gunmen will appear: The conspiracy theorist trio known as The Lone Gunmen will appear in Fox's six-episode event series, Entertainment Weekly has confirmed.
Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood (aka the Lone Gunmen) are set to appear in at least one episode of the revival. Haglund, who played Langly, first announced the news on Twitter.
3. Cast update: The Flash's Robbie Amell and Six Feet Under's Lauren Ambrose are joining Fox's upcoming X-Files revival, TVLine has confirmed.
Amell will play smart and smooth Agent Miller and Lauren Ambrose will portray the equally sharp and confident XAgent Einstein. The pair will appear in one of the six episodes. Other X-Files favourites returning for the revival include Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and the cigarette-smoking man (William B Davis).
4. Episode titles: The premiere episode is titled My Struggle, episode 2 is titled Home Again. Episode 3 and 4 are titled Mulder and Scully Meet The Were-Monster and Babylon respectively.
Creator Chris Carter had this to say on the nature of The X-Files miniseries.
"We're going to tell X-Files the way that we've always told them; we will of course set them in the time and place that they exist. We're telling contemporary stories about contemporary situations, true to Mulder and Scully's characters and their relationship and the passage of time."
5. Mulder and Scully will investigate an alien abduction case:
Entertainment Weekly reports The X-Files revival series will find Agents Mulder and Scully looking into the sudden disappearance of an alien abductee, portrayed by The Americans' Annet Mahendru. Joel McHale, a conservative talk show host, will be on the scene to tip our heroes off to the case.
The X-Files aired from 1993 to 2002 on the Fox network and followed the exploits of federal agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) as they investigated crimes linked to the paranormal.
The X-Files Revival started shooting on 8 June 2015 in Vancouver, and will premiere on 24 January 2016, on Fox.