XXLD3 Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread), a new firmware, has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance. An official Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update is not expected till January. Users looking to install the Gingerbread update may follow this tutorial but ensure Odin has been installed before proceeding.
- PDA: I9070XXLD3
- CSC: I9070OXXDL3
- Version: 2.3.6
IBTimes UK warns users this is an official Gingerbread update for the Galaxy S Advance, which means the device will lose root once the update is installed.
- Ensure USB drivers are installed
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install Android 2.3.6 XXLD3 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance
- Switch off device and enter Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle appears)
- Open Odin in computer and connect tablet while in Download Mode
- If the device has been connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number
- Choose files to be flashed on the device. The files have to obtained from the extracted files in downloaded in the first step
- Click on PDA and choose CODE
- Click on Phone and choose MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- Check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in Odin
- Click on Start button in Odin. Installation will begin
- After installation, the device will restart. Unplug device from computer only after Home screen appears
Galaxy S Advance should now be running XXLD3 Gingerbread firmware. To verify device's build number, browse to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]