Asus has released another update to its ZenFone 5 and 6 series, fixing bugs of the previous release. Based on Android Lollipop version 5.0, the update brings latest software v220.127.116.11.
The over-the-air (OTA) firmware is already seeding for ZenFone models, but if it has not arrived in your region, use the download links provided below to perform a manual update. Remember that your ZenFone should be running the latest software 3.23 (18.104.22.168) to get the new update. Following is a detailed changelog for build 22.214.171.124.
Android 5.0 does not support certain pre-installed apps (the following ones) and removes them once the update is complete.
- Battery widget
- PhotoFrame widget
- Google Text-to-speech
- Movie Studio
- Cloud print
- Magic smoke wallpapers
- SuperNote: change to link-downloading version
- Asuswebstorage: change to link-downloading version
- Remote Link: change to link-downloading version
- Lockscreen: remove standalone wallpaper & weather info (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Quick settings/Recent app layout change (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Dialer/Contacts: reduce tab count from 5 to 3; remove group tab name/photo; remove foreground service (only for 1GB RAM device)
- InCall screen: remove inCall animation and cover (only for 1GB RAM device)
- Fix the problem of losing some files after changing the folder name in File Manager
- Add KKBOX (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add Dr. eye (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add Zinio (link-downloading)
- Add PubuBookBuffet (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add eReadingNow (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Add ASUS Game Center (link-downloading) (Taiwan only)
- Offer hot and highly qualified games picked by a team of gaming experts
- Offer event privileges and goodies of virtual treasures
- Support membership with ASUS, Facebook and Google+ accounts to log in
- Offer VIP services: 24/7 online customer service
- Support purchase history to overview for games downloaded from ASUS Game Center
Note that this upgrade will cause some problems in Asus contacts widget.
Issue: Before upgrade, add 4x1 contacts widget to home; after upgrade, the contacts widget will always show 'loading'.
Solution: Remove old 4x1 contacts widget and re-add new 4x1 contacts to home.
Issue: After upgrade, the information in 4x3 contacts widget will disappear.
Solution: Re-add information into 4x3 contacts.
The update no longer supports NTFS format sdcard. Backup your sdcard data before upgrade to Android L with the following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and PC via USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via PC
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all sdcard data to your PC
Both download files are about 700.64BM. The update and installation will take some time. Head over to official Asus forum to know more about the release.