Gareth Bale will miss the Champions League dead rubber clash with Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday night (6 December) with the Real Madrid star remaining a doubt for the following La Liga clash with Sevilla on Saturday.
Bale made his return to action following more than two months on the sidelines during last week's Copa del Rey clash against Fuenlabrada, coming off the bench in the 62nd minute to help his side to secure a 2-2 draw to progress to the last 16 of the competition.
The former Tottenham Hotspur star played a key role in Borja Mayoral's brace but a day later it emerged that he ended the game with some discomfort.
Bale has since missed the weekend draw with Athletic Club Bilbao in La Liga and will remain on the sidelines when Real host Dortmund in the final game of the Champions League group stage.
Last week Zidane said that the Welshman could be back in contention as soon as this week but the boss has now claimed that he won't risk his star against Sevilla on Saturday unless he is fully fit.
"I don't know, we'll see if he can play against Sevilla. He still hasn't trained with us. He's out on the pitch doing bits, but not alongside the team. First he has to train with the group, but he'll certainly be coming to Abu Dabi [for the FIFA Club World Cup]," the Real boss said in the press conference ahead of the visit of Dortmund.
Reports in Spain in recent weeks have claimed that Real are on the hunt for a new forward ahead of the January transfer window with Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema having struggled in front of goal during Bale's absence.
Zidane, however, says that Los Blancos are yet to decide whether to bolster the squad in January as he expects to see Ronaldo back to his best soon.
"We've not decided yet," the Real boss replied when asked if he plans to sign anyone next month.
"We have to give Cristiano Ronaldo a bit more support and show more respect, but he's fine. He's so good that when things aren't going quite so well for him, people start to talk. The people who love him and Real Madrid know what he's doing: he's working hard until the goals start flowing again. Last season he did a phenomenal job. It's a long season and we're only halfway there. Write Cristiano Ronaldo off at your peril."
Ronaldo recently said that Real are weaker this season than the previous campaign following the summer departures of some key players, including the Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, Danilo, James Rodriguez, Pepe and Mariano.
Valencia boss Marcelino Garcia Toral gave a similar opinion on weekend with Los Che currently in second place in the La Liga table, five points behind leaders Barcelona and three ahead of Real.
Zidane looked unimpressed with Marcelino's comments when asked if he was bothered by his Valencia counterpart.
"He [Marcelino] says what he wants. Everyone can give their opinion and I do not have to comment on what others think. Tomorrow if I have to talk I'll say it quietly too. I do not care," Zidane said while reiterating that Real are not playing as bad as results suggest.
"I see things that other people don't. I'd urge Madridismo not to forget what this team has achieved. Others, people who are nothing to do with Real Madrid, they can have their opinions. I can't change what people think, I'm not bothered by it. It's the way it goes in this job. Hard work is the only way to get out of this situation in LaLiga and find the goals again. We'll keep working at it and I'm sure we'll be there or thereabouts at the end".