After releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition in April, now the similar software update is rolling out for the LTE variant of the tablet bearing model number SM-P605. The update bumps the build version of the tablet to current P605XXUCNE2.
The software update is rolling out for users in Nordic Countries including Finland and Denmark with all the KitKat goodies such as faster performance, white status bar icons, wireless printing support, full screen album art while playing music and a new camera shortcut on the lock screen, options to select default home and SMS apps, enhanced sound controls for specific Samsung apps and general stability improvements.
The stock firmware can be found in Samsung Kies. It should be soon rolling out via over the air. To check the availability of the update navigate to Settings>> About device>> software updates menu.
The update might not be available for all users at the moment but it is expected to hit all the regions across the globe soon. Below are the firmware details for P605XXUCNE2 build.
Model name: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
Country: Nordic countries
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 12 May
Product Code: NEE
Those who wish to manually update their tablets to P605XXUCNE2 build, may follow our step-by-step guide. As P605XXUCNE2 build is an unbranded version of firmware it can be installed on any unlocked SM-P605 unit.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before flashing the stock firmware users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the Note, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note 10.1 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The tablet will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) P605XXUCNE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware works only with LTE variant of Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P605. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of S4 Active by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
How to install P605XXUCNE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note
Step-4: Place the tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Step-5: Run Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy Note to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
The Galaxy Note should now be updated with P605XXUCNE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Head over to Settings>> About device to verify the new firmware version running on the tablet.