Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (GT-I9300I) has finally received the long-awaited Android 4.4.4 KitKat with a host of bug-fixes and performance optimisations.
Some of the key improvements added into the latest KitKat update include a more fluid interface, transparent status bar and faster performance.
The new KitKat update is now available for download via OTA as well as through Samsung KIES in select Asian countries including Kazakhstan as the firmware rolls out in phases for all eligible devices ahead of the famed Android L release.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat I9300IXXUBNH3 Firmware Details
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.4.4
Build date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:05:43 +0000
Product Code: SKZ
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for the international variant of Galaxy S3 Neo only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup.
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy S3 Neo USB drivers).
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on the phone, by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (NOTE: Tap the phone's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings.) Then select the checkbox to enable USB debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM.
- Ensure both the device and its bootloader are unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier).
Steps to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update on Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I
Step 1 - Download Android 4.4.4 I9300IXXUBNH3 for Galaxy S3 Neo on computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.09 which is needed to install Android 4.4.4 on Galaxy S3 Neo.
Step 3 – Power off your phone and boot it into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then hit Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Then tap Power again to confirm progress into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Ensure Galaxy S3 Neo USB drivers are installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 6 - Once the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step may be time consuming.
Step 7 - Now choose the files that need to be flashed / installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on 'AP' and select file named 'CODE'.
- Click on 'CP' and select file named 'MODEM'.
- Click on 'CSC' and select file with CSC' in its name.
- Click on 'PIT' and select the .pit file.
Note: Ignore the last three steps if the files are missing.
Step 8 - In ODIN, select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked ONLY if you chose a .PIT file in the above step.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN and the installation process will begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. When the home screen appears, just unplug your phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo has now been updated to Android 4.4.4 build XXUBNH3 OTA firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Team Android]